Re: [TowerTalk] Cell Flex Cable Question

To: "Steve Davis | Davis RF" <sdavis@davisrf.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Cell Flex Cable Question
From: Al N6TA <al.n6ta@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2019 20:14:57 -0700
A minor detail: Heliax does not use annular corrugation.  A long time ago,
KabelMetal/RFS owned Phelps Dodge which came to be called Cablewave.
Cablewave needed to make a line of coax to compete with Heliax but it had
to be annular and not helical.  They have been playing catch up ever since
on coax as well as elliptical waveguide.  And parabolic dishes.  Cablewave
makes fine product and is just as worthy as the bigger name brand.  They
make foam dielectric and larger types of mainly air dielectric for those
that need the lowest of loss and have the money for it.  They also do rigid
coax that measure in the inches with EIT connectors.  I doubt the
connectors are interchangeable with those for Heliax.
Al
N6TA