Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna spacing on mast

To: Michael Zeglen <kl7ai@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna spacing on mast
From: Rick Kourey <rick.kourey@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2012 19:20:34 -0400
Michael,

You don't want to use Schedule 40 pipe.  Just ask the hams in southern
WV who recently experienced severe storms and small twisters.  Those
using tubing (i.e. Chromoly or DOM tubing) survived the storm in fine
shape.  Those using pipe watched them bend and lay over.  Most if not
all are replacing their bent arrays with tubing like I just mentioned.

Rick Kourey (K4KL)
Marvin/Charlotte, NC

On 9/14/12, Michael Zeglen <kl7ai@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Want to mount my 2m - 440 small beam antenna above my Pro57B. How far
> shouuld I space it or or does it really matter as long as there is 3 - 4
> feet spacing. I realize the more the better. What do you suggest? What is
> good rule to follow. Sched 40 pipe is NO problem my son is a plumber!

Rick Kourey (K4KL)
Marvin/Charlotte, NC
rick.kourey@gmail.com