[TowerTalk] Question about Andrew Hardline and Connectors

To: "[TowerTalk]" <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Question about Andrew Hardline and Connectors
From: Ray Benny <rayn6vr@cableone.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2012 11:55:14 -0700
I recently acquired two 100ft rolls of Andrew 3/4" hardline that I will be
using soon. One is LDF5-50, the other is LDF5-50A. I have searched the Web
for rating of this coax and the types of connectors needed, but the info I
am finding is spread out all over the place. Commscope, I think, has bought
out Andrew so their coax and connectors have different part numbers. Same
with connectors. Does anyone have a web site that shows the different coax
and connectors?

First question, what is the difference between the LDF5-50 and LDF5-50A?

Second question, one roll has L45U connectors, the other nothing. I'm not
much into VHF hardline but It seems that the male L45U connector is not a
'N' type connector. What is it?

I see many hardline connectors on eBay but I need to know which is which
before I buy.

Tnx for your help.

Ray,
N6VR