[TowerTalk] Tower and / or property

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tower and / or property
From: Gary Stone <n5phtgs@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2011 11:46:39 -0600
Questions about tower and property.  I have the following set up:

80 foot Rohn 45G guyed with poly (non conductive - can't recall the
name right now) guys.

First question:  if I decided to sell the tower and guys (buyer would
have to take down) what would be a reasonable asking price (about 6
years old - perfect condition)?  This would include only the tower,
hardware and guys, and an 8 element Log (Cushcraft 2010) and would not
include coax or rotator.  Only the tower, guys, hardware and beam.  I
would sell the anchors also but would be difficult to dig up?  They
are massive.  The old install was done by a ham in the business to
install - Bill Simpson.

Second question:  If I decided to sell my property complete with a ham
station any opinions as to where to start listing?  That is, QRZ or
QST, etc. (one is free and one is expensive!).  It is 3 BR home about
70 miles north of Dallas on one acre.  I have not decided as yet but
can be viewed on QRZ.com picture.

I am thinking of retirement and moving to the Northwest.  Any ideas appreciated.

Gary Stone
N5PHT
n5phtgs@gmail.com