Re: [TowerTalk] Calibrating antenna direction and using chokes with a be

To: Mike <noddy1211@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Calibrating antenna direction and using chokes with a beam
From: Dan Hearn <n5ardxcc@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2012 18:46:18 -0700
Here is a system which works for me and others in our ham club.
Look in the newspaper for the times of sun up and sun down. Calculate the
hours and minutes between. Divide this by 2 and that is the time of exact
noon. At that time, look at the shadow of your tower or a vertical post and
the shadow points to true north. Hopefully your newspaper has sunup/sundown
times as ours does.
73, Dan, N5AR

Dan Hearn
N5AR