Re: [TowerTalk] SLIGHTLY OT - cluster

To: Charlie Gallo <Charlie@thegallos.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] SLIGHTLY OT - cluster
From: Larry Loen <lwloen@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2012 07:34:52 -0700
It's a cheap experiment and it probably should work.

If your current software is open source and runs on Linux, then the
worst you would have to do is recompile it and see.  Most open source
software is pretty architecture independent and there is the old "make
compile, make, and run" trick that usually works.

While it may be "slightly" off topic, I think it is of general
interest to those here.  For instance, I'm considering whether I could
get one to control some antenna switching I intend to do in my new
shack for the remoting I want to do.

If we can manage the USB-to-a-breadboard trick somehow, I could see a
lot of old fashioned breadboarding happening with computer control.
The power requirements of these things ought to be very appealing for
mobile, too.

The main issue would be that the original doesn't have very many USB
ports (only one, I think it was or maybe two) and so one probably has
to work through a hub which isn't always the best.

Larry Wo0Z