Re: [TowerTalk] 45G base

To: jcjacobsen@q.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 45G base
From: Clint Talmadge <clinttalmadge@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 18:34:52 -0500
While working for a company that sold ham gear and towers I received a call
from a young man who wanted to know how he could attach the top section of
Rohn G tower to the tower when they both were "big ends".  I told him the
tower section should have the swaged end (the little end) sticking up. He
explained that he had buried the first section with the little end down and
now wanted something to join the two "big ends".  Without laughing too hard
I explained he would have to come up with something on his own as Rohn did
not make such an adapter. Oh and he was installing a Super Moon Raker on
this tower.

Clint - W5CPT -

On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 6:21 PM, <jcjacobsen@q.com> wrote:

> Bob,
>
> I also used a 45G mid-section for a base, you just have to make sure the
> correct end is sticking out of the ground!! <GRIN> Sorry, I couldn't resist.
>
> Good luck on the project.
>
> K9WN Jake

*Clint Talmadge*