Re: [TowerTalk] re AES SK

To: Paul Christensen <w9ac@arrl.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] re AES SK
From: Mickey Baker <fishflorida@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2016 22:51:14 -0400
Paul,

Thanks for posting the link to Terry Sterman's article. I remember my own
adolescence as busy, my time committed much of the time. My parents
encouraged this, to an extent. To this day, people ask me, "where do you
find the time..." The answer is in the article - form a plan, make good on
commitments and work.

Thank you AES. I've mail ordered from you for 45 years, in the early years
a postal money order in an envelope, but I must confess, as of late, my
favorite gear and accessories have come from direct manufacture purchases,
hamfests, and the remaining few local stores. I wish I had been a better
customer.

I'll miss visiting your store in Orlando and seeing the long train of folks
walking in with everything from crystal controlled 2m rigs to Wollensak
tape recorders, being assisted cordially with time and friendliness, and
walking out without buying anything. I remember a time when you could show
up and operate the finest gear available anywhere.

Terry and all, I wish you the best in whatever your plans are. If you
consider selling out, please choose a buyer who will care for amateur radio
the way that you have all these years.

Thanks for the memories and the equipment. I hope it has done you well.

73,

Mickey N4MB

Mickey Baker, N4MB
Palm Beach Gardens
*“Tell me, and I will listen. Show me, and I will understand. Involve me,
and I will learn.” *Teton Lakota, American Indian Saying.