Re: [TowerTalk] Electric foldover winch

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Electric foldover winch
From: "Nelson Wittstock" <k8djc@zoominternet.net>
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2011 00:39:05 -0000
I've had one of those towers for over 40 years.  Mine is seven eight foot
sections.  My hinge is 16 feet up.  At the top there is an A4 with a two
meter beam below that.  Up until a couple of weeks ago I had to raise and
lower the tower with a hand crank that came with the tower.  I just
installed their gear motor and I love it.  Instead of working up a lot of
sweat turning that crank I now just flip a switch and up or down it goes.
The one caveat though is that I have to wait for a day when the wind is
calm.  Some years ago I didn't concern myself with that and the wind twisted
a couple of sections into scrap.

Nelson, K8DJC