antenna tuners

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: antenna tuners
From: k4sb@avana.net (k4sb@avana.net)
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 97 23:55:01 PST
Don't know the original question, but as far as using coax as a cap. , been
doing it for
years. Different types have different cap/foot and also voltage ratings. For
example,
I run an inverted L on 80, fed at bottom with a parralle LC circuit. ( coil
tapped from the
bottom, antenna attaches to the top along with center lead of coax. ( coil is
grounded at
bottom, and shield is rounded....simple matter to bring to 1:1 in a few mins by
varying the
tap and cap ( snipping it off )....I use a regular PL-259....stop about 30 khz
short of where
you want to be in freq and then peel back the shield on the end. Tape it good
and away you
go. Nice thing about this setup is you can use a different length of coax and
return the
antenna to different parts of the band.

73, Ed
Name: Ed Sleight