Man will never fly

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Man will never fly
From: k4sb@avana.net (k4sb@avana.net)
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 97 03:18:36 PST
Oh, I don't know about that....I have a buddy with Delta who punched out of a
Navy F8U
around 42,000 feet. Then he discovered his parachute wouldn't open....He
actually took it off
and tried to repair it....no use....splash...Amazingly, he lived through it
although he broke
about every bone in his body. I think he still holds the record for a "man
flying". Of course,
now a days, he uses a L1011.

And yes, they recovered the parachute, still unopened, and yes, when he was
able, he took it
back to the rigger. Those of you who have seen the sign usually posted in the
chute shop will
understand.

73,

Ed