[TowerTalk] Mixing ham and commercial antennas

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Mixing ham and commercial antennas
From: frenaye@pcnet.com (Tom Frenaye)
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 98 18:09:48 EST
I've been talking with someone about placing a commercial paging antenna
(931 MHz) on one of my towers.  I'm looking for specific suggestions for
things to watch out for regarding their RFI potential - me to them and vice
versa.  I'd like to minimize any problems before we get started - anyone
with some direct experience?

Most of my operating is 160-10m but I do have 50, 144(packet) and
430(packet).  One tower being considered has 40m/10m beams plus one 430
antenna and my 160m 4-square around it.  The other has 20m beams plus my 80m
4-square.   Only one of my Beverages comes close to either tower (about 30'
away).

Please respond direct and I'll summarize for the group.

                        73 Tom

E-mail: frenaye@pcnet.com
Tom Frenaye, K1KI, P O Box 386, West Suffield CT 06093 Phone: 860-668-5444