[TowerTalk] Insurance question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Insurance question
From: Chad.Kurszewski@motorola.com (Kurszewski Chad-WCK005)
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 09:51:39 -0600
All this talk about insurance and coverages got me interested in
looking into my policy.  I've noticed that, not until recently,
no one has mentioned their insurance companies names.

I have American Family.  I pulled out my policy last night and read
through the many pages.  They specifically DO NOT cover towers and
antennas.  It is not covered as a structure, as it is specifically
stated that they do not cover "outdoor antennas including their lead-in
wiring, accessories, masts and towers" in the dwelling/structures
section.  They also include this same exclusion for coverages under
personal property.

I have their best policy, the "Gold-Star".  It adds additional coverage,
but even this limits coverage of outdoor antennas to $1000.
If you have American Family, you specifically need to add additional
coverage, that you have a stated value, and you pay so much per $1000
coverage.  I have a quote coming, but I defintitely do not think it's
on the order of a dollar per $1000 as one gentleman suggested.  In
order to be adaquately covered, I would probably first need a quote
from LXC just so that I'm insuring myself adaquately.

I originally went with American Family because they are very well known
in these parts and their policy was half the cost of State Farm.  I've
already saved over $1000 in the 4 years I've lived in this house, but
on the other hand, $1000 is a small amount as compared to what it
would cost to replace my 100' Rohn 45, stacked KT-34XAs and 2el 40.

I am interested in finding out who believes they have full
tower/antenna coverage and who their company is.  Direct replies please.

Thanks,
Chad WE9V

Order online at http://store.eham.net.

-----