[TowerTalk] telephone company non-sticky semi-solid stuff

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] telephone company non-sticky semi-solid stuff
From: G_Dubovsky@Grayson.com (Dubovsky, George)
Date: Fri May 23 09:16:45 2003
There is also the adhesive-filled heat shrink; this stuff is usually
provided with hard-line connector kits. I have been using SPC Technology
type PHS polyolefin heat shrink at work recently. It has a 3:1 shrink ratio,
so it fits to coax connectors very well, and oozes a clear seal out of both
ends of the finished piece. When it cools, the glue solidifies, so it
doesn't get all over everything else. I have been getting it from Newark; it
is available in unshrunk IDs from 1/8" to 1.5". Newark's P/N 87N1382 is 1"
ID, for instance, and it will shrink down to 0.32".

geo - n4ua

p.s.: the telco folks I know just call that gel stuff "snot". That describes
it's annoying physical behaviors perfectly...