Re: [TowerTalk] Close stacking mono bander

To: "David Thompson" <thompson@mindspring.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Close stacking mono bander
From: "Jeff AC0C" <keepwalking188@ac0c.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2014 19:37:37 -0500
You can stack them, but the interaction defeats the purpose of having monobanders. I just ran through a modeling cycle with my stack and the 15m especially gets whacked. The hex beam or a single tribander is a great idea in this context. And here we are not considering the proximity of the ground or the house.

73/jeff/ac0c
www.ac0c.com
alpha-charlie-zero-charlie

-----Original Message----- From: David Thompson
Sent: Sunday, September 28, 2014 6:22 PM
To: towertalk@contesting.com

I remember Lew McCoy writing an article in QST 40 years ago saying that you
could stack 10,15, and 20 meter beams about 3 feet apart.  Then this was
debunked a few years later.  Even Lew acknowledged this to be true.

The best bet is to get one of the Hex beams on that tri-pod.  You can get
the regular 10, 15, and 20 if you are mostly a contester or add WARC bands
plus 6 if you are a DXer.  Most of the hex beams are light and can be
rotated with a small Ham M type rotor or HD TV type.

73 Dave K4JRB