[Towertalk] Crank Up Tower on Roof of a RV

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Crank Up Tower on Roof of a RV
From: stevek@jmr.com (Steve Katz)
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 07:40:07 -0700
You probably wouldn't want to "pull back and swing up" very often.   For an
occasional operation, maybe.  I'd prefer a multi-section very short tower
(11') permanently affixed in the vertical position, with rotor, cables, etc.
always in place.  Climb on the roof of the motor coach to install the beams,
climb back down and turn the crank (or activate motor drive), and you have a
40' high antenna system.  With proper planning and beams preassembled and
tied to the roof, this whole operation can take 15 minutes.  Wayne, N6NB,
has something like this, and I've used it, and it works very well.  Of
course, you cannot enter a parking garage with a height of 11-12', but you
can motor down the road and get into most campgrounds (avoiding low tree
limbs) easily.  -WB2WIK/6

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." -
Mario Andretti