[Towertalk] UV in So. Cal. - was "Coastal Corrosion"

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] UV in So. Cal. - was "Coastal Corrosion"
From: stevek@jmr.com (Steve Katz)
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 07:34:06 -0700

> We don't have any mosquitoes in SOCAL because we don't have any
> fresh water - other than that which comes out of a 6-inch hole
> 1060 feet deep (at least at my house, anyway).

        [Steve Katz]  Yep.  Mosquitos don't need fresh water, but they do
need still ground water, of which there really isn't any around here.  I've
lived in L.A. for 14+ years and have yet to see my first mosquito here.
Where I grew up in NJ, the mosquito was the state bird.

        But this must relate to towers somehow....oh, okay: I used to swat
mosquitos so much when I climbed towers back in NJ that I almost fell off a
few times!  -WB2WIK/6