Re: [TowerTalk] Painting Antennas

To: "Robert Harmon" <k6uj@pacbell.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Painting Antennas
From: "Jim Hargrave" <w5ifp@gvtc.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 23:26:29 -0500
Bob,

The secret is a good primer. I use a self-etching automotive primer
formulated for Aluminum and fiberglass. You can cover it with Enamel,
Lacquer or Latex based paints. Its available at automotive paint stores and
most auto parts. I get mine from NAPA.

I would not recommend applying any paint directly to aluminum. It will peel
off in short order.

     73's Jim
      W5IFP