RE: [TowerTalk] HF LOG-PERIODIC ANTENNAS Comments Please

To: <Towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] HF LOG-PERIODIC ANTENNAS Comments Please
From: "Keith Dutson" <kjdutson@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 23:45:26 -0500
Contesting is much more about experience, planning and operating skill than
antennas.

The SteppIR is still fairly new and that is why you don't see many serious
stations using them, IMO.  I think a MonstIR up at 70 feet would make a
dynamite contest station antenna for anyone with limited budget.

My friend with two LPDAs is quite a good contester and has placed in the top
10 in several major contests.

Keith