Re: [TowerTalk] Got a tower/antenna in a CC&R subdivision?

To: <kd4e@verizon.net>, "Dan Zimmerman N3OX" <n3ox@n3ox.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Got a tower/antenna in a CC&R subdivision?
From: "Paul Christensen" <w9ac@arrl.net>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 11:28:44 -0400
> Last I read there is no evidence whatsoever that
> anyone's home value anywhere has been diminished
> by the nearby presence of an Amateur Radio tower.

I believe the larger fear is that a "slippery slope" condition is created.
First, the ham tower/antenna is erected.  Then, a neighbor seeing the tower
installation decides to break a covenant by installing a small shed in his
back yard.  Then, across the street, a boat or large RV find its way to be
parked at the far end of a driveway .  After that, other covenants are
broken in succession to the point where they become unenforceable due to
many legal theories.

So, the one event in and of itself may be harmless, but it can be argued
that multiple covenant violations will yield impossible enforcement action
and thus create a condition where lower property values result.

Paul, W9AC