Re: [TowerTalk] wind load

To: "Tower and HF antenna construction topics." <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] wind load
From: "Dan Schaaf" <dan-schaaf@att.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 16:07:50 -0500
Thanks. I don't know if I understand all of that But I will think about it.
My plan is to use a tiltover 22 ft tower to support a 25.7 ft tall vertical.
The tower is actually part of the entire vertical antenna.
It will have a 60 meter trap at the 43 ft point and will also radiate on
3.650 MHZ.
Along side the tower will be an aluminum tube with a 30 meter trap and a
small stinger above it.
This will give me 30/40/60/80 meters in one assembly.
I have the traps already made.
Soon I will pour concrete and get this guy up in the air.
Depending on other things, I may put a switchable base loading coil in for
160 meters.
My winds in SW FL rarely get above 50 mph gusts. then there is a dead band
in speed until you get to hurricane force winds.
So, I am also including a base mounted hinged gin pole to tilt it over in
really bad weather.

Dan Schaaf
K3ZXL
"In the Beginning there was Spark Gap"