Re: [TowerTalk] tower height repost

To: mikflathead@aol.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] tower height repost
From: Bob K6UJ <k6uj@pacbell.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2012 14:07:29 -0700
I think it will depend on your surrounding terrain.  Are you on a hill with a
clear shot in all directions ?
I have hills NW of me and going from 40 to 50 feet makes a big difference.  I
ran the HTTA program on the
CD in the latest ARRL antenna handbook and it was very enlightening to see how
different heights affected
my antenna pattern.  I would recommend running HFTA and see what it tells you
for your site.  That is the
intended purpose of the program and it works very well.

73,
Bob
K6UJ