Re: [TowerTalk] G-1000DXA failure with lower mast clamp

To: "'Barry N1EU'" <n1eu.barry@gmail.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] G-1000DXA failure with lower mast clamp
From: "John Lemay" <john@carltonhouse.eclipse.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2011 08:46:09 -0000
Barry

Just be careful not to insert a bolt which is even a tiny bit too long. If
you do, when you tighten it up it can push the material at the end of the
hole away, which can weaken the rotator casing. Or it could strip the
thread.

The same goes for material such as Loctite - use it sparingly because
otherwise hydraulic pressure at the end of the hole can have the same
result. (Depends on the thread tolerance and how quickly you screw it in).

Regards

John G4ZTR