Re: [TowerTalk] Replacement Thrust Bearing

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Replacement Thrust Bearing
From: "Peter Voelpel" <dj7ww@t-online.de>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2015 23:45:04 +0200
I use a similar one, the locking collar is a separate ring.
It is a Fafnir RCJ 2 1/16.

http://www.bearingstockshop.com/docs/Marcas/Pdfs/Fafnir/13flanged.pdf

73
Peter

From: Robert Harmon k6uj@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2015 09:49:36 -0700

I am overhauling my rotator and thought it would be good to replace my
thrust
bearing also.
I have the Rohn TB3 bearing now. It has been in use for 18 years and feels
pretty rough.
Im thinking of going with a different bearing this time with a steel body
and
greased. (grease fitting)
Looked thru the archives on tower talk to find out what others have used and
can?t find much,
on this type of replacement and I know the bearing supply houses have them,
just haven?t
pursued searching with them yet. I would like to know what others have
used.
If you have used a thrust bearing like this, could you share
the number and supplier ? Array Solutions has their model TB2 which is this
type
of bearing but it only has a two hole flange for mounting. They have a
larger
unit with a 4 hole
flange but it is for a larger diameter mast than 2 inch. I want a 4 hole
flange
but for 2 inch.
Here is the info from their webpage:
https://www.arraysolutions.com/Products/thrustbearing.htm