Re: [TowerTalk] Measuring Guy Positions

To: <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Measuring Guy Positions
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 16:42:45 -0400
If you have a CAD system you can draw your house and perhaps a fence or
other external objects and layout your antenna on the drawing.  Then you can
simply measure each anchor from some known object.

John KK9A

Subject: [TowerTalk] Measuring Guy Positions
From: "Mark Robinson"
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 13:15:57 -0400

I have my new 100 foot Rohn 45 set to go up on the gable end of the house. I
have a wall bracket at 18 feet tied into the second storey ceiling joists. I
can remove this wall bracket later if it proves to give me problems and yes
I will probably never do a wall bracket again.

I have set the rear guy back 108 feet at right angles to the gable end of
the house. Using string to layout right angle triangles and a triangle with
30 and 60 degrees and a hypotenuse of 97 feet, I have marked the postions of
the other 2 guys set 120 degrees from the rear guy line. Since the guys
stradle the house and I have trees and a pump house I cannot see any guy
anchor postion from any of the other guy anchor location . When I get the
tower up to 30 or 40 feet then I will be able to see all three guy anchor
points from the tower vantage point. I would like to check the 120 degree
spacing of the guys at that time before digging any anchor holes. What is
the easiest way to measure the angle between the 3 marked guy anchor
postions from my vantage point on the tower.

thanks Mark N1UK