[TowerTalk]

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk]
From: k1my@qwest.net (Bruce Makas)
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 07:34:50 -0700
Although a bit off the topic, I would appreciate the collective wisdom of
the assembled:

I recently moved from Maine to Arizona and am currently "between towers."
The plan is to build a tower farm on a 10 acre plot that I purchased in
Central Arizona; more on that later. Today's challenge is that I want to put
up something here at the main (wife's) QTH to use in the interim and
whenever I am stuck here. HF is the only interest and 10, 15 &/or 20 would
be all that I need. I would run 100W or so (the Alpha is in storage).

The QTH is in a VERY tightly controlled CC&R development so whatever I due
must truely be stealth. I was thinking a low dipole under the back eaves or
possibly a mobile antenna. A vertical would be too obvious. I'm not sure
that an attic antenna will work because the house has tiles for a roof
covering. There are no gutters & there is no possibility of a flagpole. The
property & the back yard are relatively small.

Anyone have any experiance in a similar situation or have any ideas? Wild
ones are OK. Are there any books available on this topic? Thanks in advance.

Bruce, K1MY/7

Sunny Sun Lakes, Arizona
where today it is 75 degrees again