[Towertalk] Wooded Antenna Farm???

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Wooded Antenna Farm???
From: kr1g@hotmail.com (ted demopoulos)
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2002 16:45:42 +0000
Ted,

I live on "Tall Pines Road" and most antennas are deep in the trees.
Everything works FB. My towers are taller than the trees, however the
sidemounted antennas are not and they seem to be plenty loud. And
verticals/beverages in the woods and underbrush have been fine too.

The biggest problem with trees is (in general) they are not as strong as
towers - I'm sure if a 80' Pine fell from a 75mph wind, it could easily take
out a tower rated at 110mph :( Also trees are a BIG hassle when it comes to
installing antennas,

73
Ted KT1V