[TowerTalk] Rotator query - Yaesu 2800 SDX vs M2/Orion 2800P-DC

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rotator query - Yaesu 2800 SDX vs M2/Orion 2800P-DC
From: k6kr@msn.com (Dick Dievendorff)
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2001 17:20:21 -0700
My Yaesu 2700 rotator has failed after 9 years of reliable service.  I need
to replace it (and I'll keep the old one for the "next" tower).  I'm
considering an M2/Orion 2800P-DC and a Yaesu 2800DXA, both seem to have
relatively similar characteristics and roughly the same price.

Control box issues aside, does anyone have experience with both of these
rotators?  I'm more interested in long-term reliability than any other
factor.  The array is largish, but well under 35 square feet.

Dick, K6KR
k6kr@arrl.net
k6kr@msn.com

-----