Re: [TowerTalk] Topband: Dielectric Constant of THHN

To: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Topband: Dielectric Constant of THHN
From: Gary and Kathleen Pearse <pearse@gci.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 16:40:20 -0800
Hello Jim K9YC from Gary NL7Y...I've built dozens of wire antennas
out of #12/14 THHN...I decrease the typical textbook dimensions about
3% when using coated wire...for example, I use 226 for verts, and 453
for dipoles /f MHz to get real close depending upon height above
electrical ground...loops run -3% also from the text 1005/f Mhz, but
resonant length will vary depending on the shape and height of the
loop...973/f MHz is a good one to shoot for...my penny's worth.

73 Gary NL7Y