[TowerTalk] Antenna Standoff arm

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Antenna Standoff arm
From: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2012 12:25:32 -0800
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2012 12:22:32 -0700
From: EZ Rhino <EZRhino@fastmovers.biz>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna Standoff arm

Hi Axel,

This could be tricky.  I think you need to run the coax to the antennas at the
top of the tower inside the mid-level rotator ring, assuming there is room
enough for them to freely slide without getting caught.  I mean inside the
ring, not inside the tower.  I'd want to look at a ring rotator first before
buying it to see if this will work.  Not sure what else to suggest, but If I
think about it long enough I'm sure I could come up with a solution.  Either
that or my head will explode.

Chris
KF7P

##  here's the  'fix'  when  using crank up tower's and a ring rotor  [ or a
fixed yagi on the side of the crank up].

Install a 2-4" pvc pipe, with flares at both ends....and install it INSIDE the
ring rotor. It has to be fairly long as well.   the coax/control cables  for
the yagi's /rotor at top of tower will all have to pass through the INSIDE
of this 2-4" OD  pvc tube.    The tube is oriemted, such that it protrudes
ABOVE the ring rotor itself.   Tic gen makes special adaptors  so a 1032 tic
ring will work on my UST-HDX-689..[89' towr]....and will fit
at both the 72' level..and also  the 55' level.    The 3 big pis are welded to
the tic corner brackets... and simply drop into the tops of the tower section.
It's a solid assy.   Since the yagi on the rinf rotor rotates 360 deg,
all coax for the upper ants  HAS  to 1st pass through the 4"  pvc pipe.

##  Now if the lower yagi is FIXED.... then u don't need the pvc pipe... and
all coax /rotor cables for the top of tower can simply  come down the  side of
the tower...and reg coax stand offs can be used.

later........  Jim   VE7RF