[TowerTalk] Good deed&headshaving

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Good deed&headshaving
From: kr1g@hotmail.com (ted demopoulos)
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2001 00:35:32
<P>Ladies and Gentleman,</P>
<P>A poor young boy named Ted Demopoulos is suffering from Alopecia and having
mental difficulties coming to grips with his condition.As part of his mental
therapy, he is attempting to enter the Guiness world book of records under a
brand new category. What he asks of us is quite simple: operate the full 48
hours in a contest, shave your head, and mail the shavings to either George W,
the Pope, or the original and true Batman (Adam West). As the ham community is
rapidly aging, some of you have little hair to shave. However volume/weight is
not the point: total numbers of participants is.</P>
<P>Thank you for your participation,</P>
<P>Ted</P>
<P>PS: Hmmm, is my calendar off by a few days???<BR><BR></P></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;From: Press Jones <N8UG@JUNO.COM>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;To: towertalk@contesting.com
<DIV></DIV>&gt;CC: cqwire@juno.com
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Subject: [TowerTalk] Good deed
To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 13:00:17 -0500
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;While you guys are hollering around the world, say hello to the
4th grade
<DIV></DIV>&gt;class at St. Patrick Catholic School
<DIV></DIV>&gt; in Kingman, Kansas. We might gather a few new hams in a few
years.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Tnx, 73,
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Press, N8UG
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;"We are in Mrs. Ann Vaughn's 4th grade class at St. Patrick
Catholic
<DIV></DIV>&gt;School
<DIV></DIV>&gt;in Kingman, Kansas. Kingman is about 38 miles west of Wichita.
In Social
<DIV></DIV>&gt; Studies, we are studying state regions and decided to map an
e-mail
<DIV></DIV>&gt; project.
<DIV></DIV>&gt; We will plot the states the e-mails come from as they arrive.
It will
<DIV></DIV>&gt;also
<DIV></DIV>&gt; help us with graphing in Math. We are very curious to see where
in the
<DIV></DIV>&gt; world our e-mail will travel by internet throughout the rest of
the
<DIV></DIV>&gt;school year.
<DIV></DIV>&gt; We need your help. We ask you to do two things:
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt; 1. E-mail us and tell us your location so that we can plot it
on our
<DIV></DIV>&gt;world
<DIV></DIV>&gt; map. Please include your city/town, state/province, and
country.
<DIV></DIV>&gt; 2.Forward this letter to as many people as possible! Even if
they live
<DIV></DIV>&gt;in
<DIV></DIV>&gt; the same town as you.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Thank you for any help that you can give.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt; Our e-mail address is:stpats4grade@terraworld.net
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt; We hope to hear from you soon.Thank you."
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV><br clear=all><hr>Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at <a

List Sponsor:  ChampionRadio.com - Trylon self-supporting towers, safety
equipment, rigging gear, LOOS tension guages & more!
http://www.championradio.com

-----