Re: [TowerTalk] Length of Sloper?

To: "TowerTalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Length of Sloper?
From: "Larry" <lknain@nc.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2010 20:38:55 -0500
I had better results with a 160 sloper attached to a 100 foot tower at the
70 foot
mark than my inverted V at the 90 foot mark. The sloper and inv V were not
on
the tower at the same time so direct comparison was not possible. I worked
more
DX (which is my priority) with the sloper. I still work DX on the inv V but
it is
more of struggle than it was with the sloper in general. I put down 32
128(+/-) foot
radials for the sloper which are still down with the inv V up.

I had a sloper at an earlier QTH attached to a crank-up tower that was more
finicky
and I would guess was closer in performance to the inv V.

My tower (45G) has a tribander at the 101 foot level and 2 el 40M yagi at
117 feet.
I am going to try loading the tower this Spring thinking it will be better
than the sloper.
I will probbaly add some radials as well to help it out.

73, Larry  W6NWS