[TowerTalk] Are_higher_HF_antenna's_really_better?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Are_higher_HF_antenna's_really_better?
From: k6sdw@hotmail.com (Eddy Avila)
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 04:02:34 +0000
Guys, this has definitely been one of the more interesting threads on
towertalk I can remember! For me more an intellectual exercise than
reality!! .....I mean, I've been chuckling all this time....being a ham of
modest means I can only dream of a "real" tower higher than 40' -- my Force
12 C3 sits atop a roof-mounted 9' tower which isn't much vertical clearance
for the antenna but it stills makes it to Europe/Asia etc....when the bands
are open, needless to say!!

Some day when my 6 numbers come up in the lottery I hope to have such a
dilemma whether to put the yagi at 40', 90' or 160....or maybe a beam at
each height......Y I K E S!!!

Good dxing to all.......

Order online at http://store.eham.net.

-----