[TowerTalk] Tower-shack Grounds

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tower-shack Grounds
From: mike@hatzakis.net (Michael Hatzakis, Jr)
Date: Mon Mar 31 14:51:44 2003
Rob,

Great idea and as follow-up

The very reason I was asking these questions is that I do, in fact, have the
opportunity to do this right the first time having the rare opportunity to
build tower and shack simultaneously.

No, as part of the complex negotiations to get approval from the very local
authorities (wife)  I decided to move the tower to a less exposed part of
the yard (and you thought zoning boards were tough...)  Which means there is
at least 60 feet from tower base to shack.  Not ideal.  So, I was planning
on multiple grounds rods at the tower base and a few just outside the
baseboard of the new room.   One of the issues this raises is one of ground
loops, tower base vs shack?  Are there issues of having two ground paths on
the same circuit when ther is non-negligable impedance between them?