[TowerTalk] Cushcraft X-9

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Cushcraft X-9
From: john@gm4nhi.demon.co.uk (John Cramond)
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2001 08:25:48 +0100
In message <000701c0c468$6e16ba40$c06c1c26@oemcomputer>, Gary D Elliott
<k7ox@pipeline.com> writes
>Hello TT
>
>I would like to talk to someone who has the X-9 or X-7 up and pro/cons of
>this antenna. What did it replace and are you satisfied with the
>performance.  Thanks in advance.
>
>Gary

Gary,

I understand from a reliable source that the X9 is going out of
production, although Cushcraft are to continue to produce the X7. As
there is only one dB difference in gain between the X7 and the X9, I
suspect that this may be the main reason for phasing out the X9.

I have used the X7 for the past two and a half years and have been
totally delighted with it. Built to last and with an electrical
performance second to none in that price range, in my opinion, you won't
get a better deal for your money. In my case the X7 replaced an A3s
which followed on from a TH3. As you might expect, there was a BIG
difference.

You will get a user review of the X7 on my home page at
www.gm4nhi.demon.co.uk
--
John Cramond - GM4NHI
<john@gm4nhi.demon.co.uk>