RE: [TowerTalk] Weatherproof Sealant

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] Weatherproof Sealant
From: "Les Kalmus" <w2lk@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 16:28:19 -0500
I use gray pvc electrical "access boxes". You can get a 12"x12"x6" box at HD
or an 8" deep one at a real electric supply store. They run around $25 or so
and come in smaller sizes too. They have a sealing gasket under the cover
and are of the type "approved for wet locations".

I have one at the base of a 160 inverted L for the tuning capacitor which is
mounted on a plastic sheet which is bolted to the inside of the access box.
I also have a couple used for terminating my coax run to the tower. Coax
connections to the boxes are all from below to avoid water entering. After a
couple of years, no moisture problems and easy access when needed.

Les W2LK