[Towertalk] guying tolerance

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] guying tolerance
From: aa7bg@3rivers.net (Matt & Carrie Trott)
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2002 10:07:20 -0700
I meant to reply to this thread sooner. I have been studying the subject
again as I prepare to stack up some 25G. Rohn drawing A810214R6 is titled
"Foundation and Anchor Tolerances," has the following tolerances for guyed
towers:

------------------------------------
Guy Radius:      plus or minus 5% of distance specified

Anchor Alignment (perpendicular to guy radius):  0.1 degrees

Anchor Rod Alignment with guy radius:   plus or minus 1.0 degree

Doesn't seem like they leave much room for fudging. I just eyeball things
and measure the best I can and luckily, I have pretty level ground to work
with.

All the best,

Matt--K7BG

P.S. There are many other tolerance factors listed in the above mentioned
Rohn drawing.

---
To: <towertalk@contesting.com>