[TowerTalk] Tower height question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tower height question
From: n3rr@erols.com (Bill Hider (N3RR))
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 13:06:48 -0400
Kirk,

If you mean "RF in the shack", there is no relationship between antenna
height and "RF overloading inside".

A well designed transmitter/receiver/antenna/cabling system that is properly
grounded will not introduce RF inside your shack.

Without going into the details here, check out my website to get an idea of
what I mean.  While your installation will be much less than what I did, it
will give you ideas.

73,

Bill, N3RR

  My question is, how high must I go to avoid RF from
overloading inside?

So the question is, what might
be the minimum I can get away with.  I am considering a 50 ft.
tower...max!  I think I would be ok, but anybody have any practical
experience?  I'd really rather hear from those who have this
situation...not the book readers...I get plenty of "know-it-all's" at
work!  HI

        73  Kirk   AB8BC

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----