[TowerTalk] Yellow Jackets on Tower

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Yellow Jackets on Tower
From: k2kv@reallybig.com (Jeff Singer)
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2001 20:36:22 -0400
Hi There,

Just remember that if you spray, you should do it either early in the
morning, or late a night, when the sun is down and the air is cooler, and
the yellow jackets are fairly dormant. They'll all be in the nest, and you
will get the greatest kill with the sudden surprise. If you spray during the
day, most of them will be out of the nest gathering up food. Once you begin
to attack the nest, they will all return at once to protect it. They are
very good at this, and can, in fact, kill you.

I have a local beekeeper who will don specially designed protective gear,
and will either remove my nests or destroy them while I watch from the
safety of my living room. Costs me around $100-$200. I am very allergic to
yellow jackets and usually get stung about once every two years no matter
how much I try to avoid them. This always results in me having to get a ride
to the hospital emergency room to spend the better part of the day
uncomfortably trying to get the swelling back down enough to enable me to
put my sneakers back on! It's not pretty.

USE CAUTION, PLEASE!

73 de Jeff K2KV