[TowerTalk] screw-in guy anchors, was Could this happen to you

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] screw-in guy anchors, was Could this happen to you
From: brewerj@squared.com (brewerj@squared.com)
Date: Tue Mar 4 08:39:49 2003
Given the potential for danger, and the relative complexity of installing
towers, it
*is* somewhat amazing that there's not more problems that we hear about.
It's also not too surprising that there's very few manufacturers left, given
the litigious
nature of our society these days.  A quick scan through a 50's or 60's CQ or QST
will show that there used to be many more.

I wonder what percentage of each stick of Rohn25 goes into the "escrow for
lawsuit" kitty?

This is a fantastic resource for antenna/tower constructors. I think the
original posting
was a constructive one, and not intended as anything other than a "this could
happen
to you" reminder.  Many / some  of us may be tempted to take shortcuts with
towers,
given the time and expense. It's images like this one that remind us of the
potential
risks.

John K5MO

(now...how many would climb that, or a similar tower, after it had been
stressed / bent
to the degree that it was......?)