[TowerTalk] LeBlanc & Royal (LR20) Specs

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] LeBlanc & Royal (LR20) Specs
From: ve6jy@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca (ve6jy@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca)
Date: Thu Jun 12 23:34:42 2003
I do have some data on the L&R towers (I have several LR20 towers up as
well). It's a pretty solid tower (20" face) that can handle a lot when
guyed properly. I had a 3 el 40 full size on one of mine. Guying interval
is 35 to 40 feet altho I'll admit to stretching that a bit on the 100
footer I have - guys at 45 and 90 feet - but it only has a 5 el 20 (48'
boom) yagi on it.

BTW, there are 2 weights of LR20 - the heavy stuff has 1/2 bolt holes, the
lighter 3/8. My guying comments refer to the lighter stuff. The heavy
stuff is quite a bit stiffer and heavier - takes a stout gin pole!

73 Don
VE6JY