24ft yagi boom loaded for 40m?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: 24ft yagi boom loaded for 40m?
From: k4ab@nerak.companet.net (Larry A. Crim)
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 1997 17:55:40 -0600 (CST)
Paul,

Ive got a "gamma-matched" TH-6 boom that I use on 40m.  It seems to play
as well as a wire dipole at the same height.  Its very directional
(broadside) which means it has a decided advantage over a stationary wire
antenna.  Go ahead and do it...you'll be pleased.  Mine is at about 75'
and I use it to "beam" directions opposite from where my 2 element
Cushcraft is pointed.  Is it as good as the Cushcraft? No way.  Is it
nice to have 2 40m antennas that are directional?  You Bet! GL!

73,
Larry
K4AB