[Towertalk] Used TH6 recommendations needed

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Used TH6 recommendations needed
From: htodd@twofifty.com (Hisashi T Fujinaka)
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 15:32:48 -0700 (PDT)
I currently have a used TH6-something that I took down for an old-timer
who is going to make do with an 80M dipole. The clamps are all rusted and
the plastic is falling apart. It's in a pile in my backyard.

As a gradual student with not much money, I'm thinking of putting it back
together with hose clamps and electrical tape for CQWW and putting it up
about 20' off the ground on a roof mount above a garage. I can either do
that, or just stick with a Butternut. I also have a 6/10M quad up about
40' mounted on a chimney. The ground slopes off to the north and to the
east and the quad works quite well when the band is open. (Heck, piece of
spaghetti works quite well when the band is open. :) )

Anyone have any experiences refitting one of these? Should I just stick
with the Butternut for now?

--
Hisashi T Fujinaka - htodd@twofifty.com
BSEE (6/86) + BSChem (3/95) + BAEnglish (8/95) + $2.50 = mocha latte