[TowerTalk] TIC Ring intermittents

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] TIC Ring intermittents
From: William Liporace <kb2hun@wizvax.net> (William Liporace)
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 1997 10:10:43 -0400 (EDT)
I may offer a differant solution to the out of adjustment problem, or at
least the way I fixed it :-)
Since the moter is mount in a slot that allows some adjustment, What I did
was slide the motor off the gear (about 1/4").  This will allow the ring &
beam to turn freely.  I then pointed the beam due north & slide the motor
back into place!  This too about 1/2hr  or so.
One  of the reasons we saw a change of location was the mount & ring were
not mounted level & center.  This caused intermintant turning, irratic
readings, binding, etc.
I became involved after it was up. All I was going to do was drop the beam
in the craddle & make it work.  I do know that 3" booms make it very tight
& no room for error (found out the hard way). Of course this was on Rohn55
witch makes it differant again.
I am NOT an expert, just somebody who spent a few hours on a tower with a
TIC, Rohn 55 & and a large 20mtr beam.  I hope this helps some of you, it
would have saved me  alot of work if I had known this stuff sooner!!
GL es CUL Will KB2HUN

William Liporace KB2HUN          kb2hun@wizvax.net
763 Huntingdon Drive             KB2HUN @ K2TR (yccc packet cluster)
Niskayuna, NY 12309              KB2HUN @ WA2PVV (NEDA)
518-346-3804 home                518-471-2837 work