[TowerTalk] Re: Vapor Wrap

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: Vapor Wrap
From: aa6eg@cv.tmx.com (Pat Barthelow)
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 1998 12:56:50 -0700 (PDT)
I recently was donated a industrial size roll of something, which I need
to know if it is the described "Vapor Wrap".  The local power company tech
had bunches of it in his truck.  It came as a roll of black, very sticky
stuff, wound around itself, with a coated paper base separator.  It is
about 1/16 to 1/8"
thick, and about 5 inches wide.  You can cut it to size or width with a
knife.  If a free end dangles and touches another part of the roll, forget
about trying to separate them...just knead into itself, and move on...It
was rubbery, and a 2" wide strip cut off, and wrapped around a connector,
would stretch, and taper, so that it became 3/4" wide, and perhaps 5 times
as long.....good stuff, but is this "Vapor wrap?"

73, DX de Pat, AA6EG/N6IJ
"The Contest Station from the Government"

Marina Amateur Radio Contest Station; N6IJ
599 DX Drive
Marina CA 93933

aa6eg@tmx.com

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>