Re: [TowerTalk] KT-34A Tuning Problems

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] KT-34A Tuning Problems
From: Karl Bullock <karl@dixie-net.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 11:03:01 -0500 (CDT)

OK, thanks!  I'll pull her down and try that (obviously I missed this in
the archives).

On the analyzer issue, I wasn't as much looking at the impedance as I was
the SWR.  Also, on the 10M band (since 29.35 MHz is the only resonant
point still in the ham bands), the SWR on both my TS-440's internal
meter, and on the tuner I've been using, show a 1.6:1 match with my
homemade coax balun (a 1:1 balun).  While that'd be close enought for me,
once tuned correctly, I'm assuming I'll need the 4:1 balun at that point.

I'm also not sure the original balun is good at this point.

Thanks for the hint.  I'll get back to 'yall....

Karl, WA5TMC