[TowerTalk] Re: Stacking Distance

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: Stacking Distance
From: donovanf@sgate.com (Frank Donovan)
Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 22:48:17 -0400 (EDT)
Hi Rich!
You have very ambitious plans!  I wonder what boom lengths you plan to
use?  All of my booms are 48 ft long.  And how many towers?  My preferred
modelling program for stacked Yagis is EZNEC.

>From Iowa, I'd suggest that u use the following stacking plan.  Other
black hole contesters may have better ideas based on experience.  I've
been told that black hole propagation is somewhat different than east
coast propagation...

10M: 35/70/105/140 ft
15M: 48/96/144/192 ft
20M: 64/128/192 ft
40M: 100/195 ft

Perhaps some other Towertalkians will reply regarding switching.  I've
never used sophisticated switching since all of my current stacks are only
2-high.

73
Frank
W3LPL