[TowerTalk] horizntal vs. vertical wires on the low bands

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] horizntal vs. vertical wires on the low bands
From: cebik@utkux.utcc.utk.edu (L. B. Cebik)
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 1997 11:55:39 -0500 (EST)
I just looked in my files, and the subject of the upcoming column in Low
Down is the subject above, which just happens to be a topic recently
discussed on the list.

So I broke my policy of not putting on line articles in this series until
after publication.  I thought by putting it on line now, it might give the
interested a feel for antenna patterns for low dipoles and some types of
vertical antennas.  Since I only have 5 pages per issue in small formet,
the discussion is not complete.  It is confined to 40 meters, but can be
translated to ant band by looking at the fractions of a wavelength column
in tables.  Also, it does not show a comparision of horizontal dipoles at
heights in increments of 1/8 wl, although the tables give some relevant
data.  Nonetheless, it might give just enough of a feel for the subject to
let folks draw good inferences about cases not covered.

The item is No. 8 under the Low Down/CQC articles listed in the
miscellaneous collection on the main page.

Hope it is useful.

-73-

LB, W4RNL

L. B. Cebik, W4RNL         /\  /\     *   /  /    /    (Off)(423) 974-7215
1434 High Mesa Drive      /  \/  \/\     ----/\---     (Hm) (423) 938-6335
Knoxville, Tennessee     /\   \   \ \   /  / || /      (FAX)(423) 974-3509
37938-4443     USA      /  \   \   \ \       ||              cebik@utk.edu