RE: [TowerTalk] Cadwelding Copper Flashing (?)

To: "'Jason Dugas'" <kb5urq@hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] Cadwelding Copper Flashing (?)
From: "Wilson Lui" <wilsonlui@atitec.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 17:04:42 -0700
Flashing is too thin to weld with exothermic welding (cadweld). Recommend
using sliver brazing or go with a thicker material.

The steel inside the ground rod will almost be guaranteed to corrode when
moisture comes between the copper and steel. Galvanic corrosion will
naturally occur.

How wide and thin is the copper strip? We can custom make exothermic welding
molds to weld the strip to the ground rod as long as the strip is of enough
thickness.

Wilson Lui

ATI Tectoniks

Tel: +1(310) 257-1616