[TowerTalk] AN Wireless HD tower installation advice needed

To: Towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] AN Wireless HD tower installation advice needed
From: Mat Eshpeter <kk1c@live.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2012 08:50:25 -0400
I will be ordering an HD60 from AN Wireless on Monday for my windy and
lightning-prone ridge top WV location and have some questions regarding
installation:

1. It looks like the preferred way to support the base prior to concrete is to
rest the base on cinder blocks. Are there other tricks needed to keep the base
level and immobile during the actual concrete pour? Perhaps I need to use rebar
ties to fasten the tower base to the rebar cage? I am paranoid about having the
base shift during the pour and creating a "leaning tower of Pisa" in my yard.

2. How did you run your feedline up the tower -- are there suitable clamps
available? The profile of the legs looks makes me think some ingenuity will be
needed.

3.  Grounding coax at top of tower - Same tower leg profile challenge. I have
only found products that are suitable for tubular shaped tower legs. So how do
you securely bond the shield to the tower leg of an AN Wireless tower? Example:
http://www.dxengineering.com/parts/dxe-cgb-150

4. Grounding base of tower to ground field - I have 2/0 solid copper that I
need to connect to the tower legs at the base. Same tower leg profile
challenge. The tower is galvanized so I need some sort of stainless steel plate
to separate the galvanized tower from the copper; and I need to figure out how
to make a solid connection of the ground wire to the tower legs. I have no idea
how to make this connection.

Thanks for any advice.MatKK1C